Monday, June 09, 2008

I went to field again. Left on Friday night 9 pm and was back on Saturday 4 pm. Everytime I finish pumping in a job, I feel worried and stressed out. Gimana ngga, I’ve been here 3 months, with 1 month experience of pumping cement, and I’m still pumping a mixture of merde into the well. In a month I should be doing this breakout thing, and I feel that I’m still so far away from a being an accredited supervisor.

However, what can I do about it? The only way to cement better is by practicing more, and the only way to practice is by cementing more wells. In other words: It takes time and experience. The thing is, I have no idea, am I doing okay? Or is my development too slow?

Anyway, as the job was considered done and we were returning to base, I started to feel easier again. I’m not gonna let this feeling ruin my weekend.

And I was so glad, cause Georgito – one of the equipment operators here – invited me to his nephew 1st birthday party on Saturday night, right after the job. How very nice of him. I think he understand that this weekend Marcia went to Macae and I have no friend to do anything here.

My first time to a kid’s party in Brazil, and I was not sure what it would be like. I thought it would be like a family gathering in his brother’s house, so I decided to bring a box of chocolate. I think both the birthday boy and Gabrielle (Georgito’s son, one-year-nine-month old) should like it.

It turned out that the party was held in a building, with lots of people (and kids). Good thing I was not underdressed! (Thanks to the black dress from Tante Rina :D) They hired an E.O for the party, they hired a clown… In the beginning of the party, there’s a priest (Evangelic) that led everybody to pray for the future of the birthday boy.

And I was introduced to Georgito’s family, his wife Priscilla, his mom, his brothers and sister… I am totally impressed with Brazilians' hospitality, I will never forget this. I tried some Brazilian food, ate a lot of sweets :p, and had a good time. Gabrielle is soooooo cute, and his eyes are sooo adorable.

No comments: