Sunday, May 11, 2008

Quotes from Dead Poets Society

Movie time: Dead Poets Society
[Quoting Henry David Thoreau]
Neil: "I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life... to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."
[Rearrangement of sentences from H.D.T’s work: Where I lived]

John Keating: "Now we all have a great need for acceptance, but you must trust that your beliefs are unique, your own, even though others may think them odd or unpopular, even though the herd may go,"
[imitating a goat]
John Keating: "that's baaaaad." "Robert Frost said, "Two roads diverged in the wood and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."

and last but not least:
John Keating: "Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary."

No comments: