Monday, May 19, 2008

Movie-marathon

Last night I stayed over at Marcia’s place, which is the apartment for Well Services’ staffs. It was really fun. We were well prepared, off course. We rented some movies and bought lots of stuff at the supermarket. Watched Bone Collector and half of Bridget Jones’ Diary on Saturday night (both of us fell asleep during the movie). On Sunday we continued with the other half of Bridget and Saw III and Serendipity. Yeah, a mixture of suspense and romantic movies. We ate a lot; besides having risotto for dinner, we also had popcorn, chocolate cakes, chocolate toffees… my so-called diet was totally ruined!! :D

I don’t know what she might think of me... but I think Marcia is a really nice person, and having her as my friend here is interesting for me, considering we both are very different culturally. There are times when I feel that we both are struggling to understand each other (especially as she doesn’t speak English and my Portuguese is not too good). She’s a very easy person to get along with; she’s like my Indonesian girl friends. She is normal, unlike those snob guys I knew in the company. She likes shopping, worries about her weight too, paints her nails with eye-catching colors, bought a giant fluffy frog for her to sleep with… Sometimes I wonder how we manage to communicate all this time :D I guess language is just a tool we use to communicate, and attitude and personal intentions are all that matters sometimes.

About the movies that we watched; Bone Collector, watched it a few years ago and forgot the details already, good one. Saw III, honestly, I despise this type of movie. Too much blood and violence, yuck! Bridget Jones and Serendipity, I selected those two in the movie rental, and those are my kinda thing :p

Oh anyway, weekend’s almost over now. Tomorrow will be the start of another week. We plan to call the visa guy tomorrow morning. I hope soon there will be a clear decision on what’s going to happen to me next.

Thank You so much for the nice weekend…

4 comments:

aryanimia said...

indonesia doong...? :) wkend kemaren kita ke bdg na, tips kalo mau ke bdg, dateng di minggu ke 3 org2 blm pd gajian, jadi agak sepi..hehehe :D kmaren mlm ntn tenis hamburg master (federer vs nadal), trus senna jadi nanya2 hamburg gitu ma gue...jadi inget elu deh cay... miss you..

ME said...

Ke bandung dalam rangka apa nih? main aja? terus, ketemuan ama Indri di Bandung? wah, asik banget! Aku belom pernah ketemu ama Amer lho! :(
Elo ke Hamburg 2 kali ya Mim, sekali ama Anis, sekali pas kita ke Berlin? Those were the days, ya! Miss u too Mim... mudah2an bisa ngambil cuti dalam beberapa bulan ini. Hugs...

Anonymous said...

You are welcome dear ;)

Huh, katanya mau ngambil cuti buat ke Berlin, skr janji2 sama Mia mau ke Bandung... sudah berapa korban2 berjatuhan terbuai janji manismu?

ME said...

tenang hun, walaupun punya banyak hunnies tapi aku selalu berusaha berlaku adil kok. jangan cemburu gitu dong :p