It’s been three weeks now…
And last Friday I almost failed in my exam.
Last week we studied about drilling. A guy from other company came to teach us.
In the beginning of the week, I was excited about the idea of studying drilling. Finally I would get the chance to know what’s really going on at the rig (before cementing crew arrived). But later on I was a bit disappointed about this drilling course. First, the slides are a big mess; lots of things are wrong and confusing. Second, the materials that we have to study are just VERY BIG. Third, since the course was taught by an outsider, sometimes I got the feeling that he didn’t really care about whether we’ve understood the things he taught us or not. The guy is actually very smart and has lots of experience. He is a retired drilling engineer and has been working in oil and gas industry all his life.
Friday morning, the day that we had our exam, I had a terrible feeling that I may fail that day. I was nervous; I suddenly felt that I was not prepared for the exam. Some guys in my class convince me by saying that the test shouldn’t be too difficult and that I shouldn’t be too worried about it.
And, you know what, the test was indeed difficult! Okay, let’s put it this way: some questions are hard, and honestly I didn’t expect the questions to be that hard. But, some others are just stupid and mean!
Suddenly I was sweating and was so nervous. (That time I promised myself that I won’t drink Red Bull again before an exam!) We had 50 questions, and to pass (75%) I must answer at least 38 questions correctly. I even already asked my instructor (the guy who normally teach us) what will happen if I fail this time.
Well, finally in the end it turned out that I passed with 78%, which means most probably only one question there saving me from failing in the exam. Geez, that was close!!
Anyway, three guys from my class failed. I felt very sorry for them. Because all of us have been studying hard for this thing; and it is the questions in the test that are just so unfair.
We’re not the 1st class who had problems with drilling week btw. It’s been quite common that a lot of people fail in their drilling week. I don’t understand why something hasn’t been done yet to change this.
More on the brighter side; yesterday, one day after the test, our class went to Alton Towers, a theme park about 2 hours drive from Newark. My only girl friend in the class took her boyfriend (he’s from another class) in the trip, so I have to stick with the guys from my class by myself and follow their plan for the day, which includes: ROLLER COASTERS ALL DAY LONG… hahaha :))
It was great though, I enjoyed it a lot. I didn’t take a lot pics (don’t know why guys, I’ve been losing the motivation of taking pics lately). There are like 5 roller coasters, and we rode all of them off course. We even rode some of them two-three times… Good thing I didn’t feel dizzy afterwards… But I think now I’m losing my voice due to screaming too much… :)
I got a Tigger fluffy doll (I don’t think it’s called a doll, but I can’t think of anything else to call it). Very happy about it.
A friend of mine got a gigantic dog after he won a game of shooting basketball into a basket, and he had to carry the thing around… hahaa… it was very funny…
My friend’s BF was even worse, he got a stunning yellow fish which is even longer than his height… =)
At the end of the day, my Japanese friend (who used to be very afraid of roller coasters) had become an adrenaline junkie. =)
My prayer for today, I wish that my class will stay together until the end of this course and nobody will leave before that time.
And last Friday I almost failed in my exam.
Last week we studied about drilling. A guy from other company came to teach us.
In the beginning of the week, I was excited about the idea of studying drilling. Finally I would get the chance to know what’s really going on at the rig (before cementing crew arrived). But later on I was a bit disappointed about this drilling course. First, the slides are a big mess; lots of things are wrong and confusing. Second, the materials that we have to study are just VERY BIG. Third, since the course was taught by an outsider, sometimes I got the feeling that he didn’t really care about whether we’ve understood the things he taught us or not. The guy is actually very smart and has lots of experience. He is a retired drilling engineer and has been working in oil and gas industry all his life.
Friday morning, the day that we had our exam, I had a terrible feeling that I may fail that day. I was nervous; I suddenly felt that I was not prepared for the exam. Some guys in my class convince me by saying that the test shouldn’t be too difficult and that I shouldn’t be too worried about it.
And, you know what, the test was indeed difficult! Okay, let’s put it this way: some questions are hard, and honestly I didn’t expect the questions to be that hard. But, some others are just stupid and mean!
Suddenly I was sweating and was so nervous. (That time I promised myself that I won’t drink Red Bull again before an exam!) We had 50 questions, and to pass (75%) I must answer at least 38 questions correctly. I even already asked my instructor (the guy who normally teach us) what will happen if I fail this time.
Well, finally in the end it turned out that I passed with 78%, which means most probably only one question there saving me from failing in the exam. Geez, that was close!!
Anyway, three guys from my class failed. I felt very sorry for them. Because all of us have been studying hard for this thing; and it is the questions in the test that are just so unfair.
We’re not the 1st class who had problems with drilling week btw. It’s been quite common that a lot of people fail in their drilling week. I don’t understand why something hasn’t been done yet to change this.
More on the brighter side; yesterday, one day after the test, our class went to Alton Towers, a theme park about 2 hours drive from Newark. My only girl friend in the class took her boyfriend (he’s from another class) in the trip, so I have to stick with the guys from my class by myself and follow their plan for the day, which includes: ROLLER COASTERS ALL DAY LONG… hahaha :))
It was great though, I enjoyed it a lot. I didn’t take a lot pics (don’t know why guys, I’ve been losing the motivation of taking pics lately). There are like 5 roller coasters, and we rode all of them off course. We even rode some of them two-three times… Good thing I didn’t feel dizzy afterwards… But I think now I’m losing my voice due to screaming too much… :)
I got a Tigger fluffy doll (I don’t think it’s called a doll, but I can’t think of anything else to call it). Very happy about it.
A friend of mine got a gigantic dog after he won a game of shooting basketball into a basket, and he had to carry the thing around… hahaa… it was very funny…
My friend’s BF was even worse, he got a stunning yellow fish which is even longer than his height… =)
At the end of the day, my Japanese friend (who used to be very afraid of roller coasters) had become an adrenaline junkie. =)
My prayer for today, I wish that my class will stay together until the end of this course and nobody will leave before that time.
1 comment:
hang in there na say!!! you can do it! no more red bull yaa ;)
Post a Comment