Hi world, here I am… in Rio now…
After almost two weeks on board of CS, they said I should disembark on Friday (yesterday).
So I disembarked, right, just like the way they told me to… I arrived in Rio’s office. Sit in front of my computer for 2 minutes, and they told me that I will embark again on Monday… cause the next cement job there will be earlier than expected. Got no way to say agree or disagree, it has been decided. So, I just stayed relaxed, probably it’s a good opportunity anyway to see how they do surface casing in offshore.
After almost two weeks on board of CS, they said I should disembark on Friday (yesterday).
So I disembarked, right, just like the way they told me to… I arrived in Rio’s office. Sit in front of my computer for 2 minutes, and they told me that I will embark again on Monday… cause the next cement job there will be earlier than expected. Got no way to say agree or disagree, it has been decided. So, I just stayed relaxed, probably it’s a good opportunity anyway to see how they do surface casing in offshore.
I had lunch with some guys from Cementing that are based in Rio; the engineer that takes care of CS, my ex-mentor who is now based in Rio, another engineer from Macae who happens to be in Rio, etc. Got a bit sad, cause actually I arrived in the office feeling tired… tired from the off-shore work and all the tensions. And the guys didn’t ask me how I was doing, how the off-shore has treated me, etc. I know I shouldn’t expect that, but a bit of sensitivity would be nice. When I mentioned that the work has been quite though… that all those buckets are killing me… I understand that they try to tell me that I complain too much… that they had to do the same thing too before, and that I got paid better than them so I deserve this hard work. Gosh, did they forget one basic difference, that I am a WOMAN, and we’re not made to have the same strength? Probably they were just joking, but for sure they were not listening to what I was saying. So I stopped quickly, realized that these guys are not the proper people to talk these things to.
Following my ex-mentor’s advice (he’s always treated me nicely, respect him a lot), I stayed in Rio for the weekend. Talked to my flatmate on messenger, and she told me that a friend of ours happened to be in Rio too.
Went to Rio Scenarium at Lapa on Friday night. It was a really nice place, although it was full with tourists like us haha… There’s a live music there (a kind of samba, love it a lot), and the food was good. Had a really good time and good conversation. I envy my friend for two reasons: cause he seems to like what he’s doing and cause he’s good at it.
Today, I had lunch at Copacabana. The weather was a bit cold and cloudy, but the view and atmosphere was amazing as always. On my way back to Barra (where my hotel is located), the taxi drove along the beaches and coastline… Oh it was sooo beautiful… Rio is beautiful… It made me feel sentimental. I wish I can be in love here. I really wish.
Called my flatmate, too bad she had to cancel her trip to come and join me in Rio today, she had unscheduled meetings. Talked to her for a bit. She’s really nice, a really good friend. I feel blessed to have her around.
Spent some time in the shopping centre before going back to hotel in the afternoon. Suddenly I started to feel sad. Cried for reasons I couldn’t really understand. It couldn’t be PMS, it’s still too early.
Watched The Holiday on TV (Kate Winslett is really lovely there), some may say it’s too unreal, but I like it… I just wanna believe in these things, you know.
I hope I can be stronger, be more carefree and less sensitive.
I hope I can be one of those people who love and enjoy the thing they do for a living
I hope I can be good at and standout in my job, whatever that is/will be.
Anyway, I found a nice little store just around the corner of Copacabana that sells CDs, music books, books, souvenirs, everything that’s related to Bossa nova, Samba, Choro. Bought a Bossa nova CD there, listening to it right now, it’s really nice.
Some songs from the CD I bought can be found here. (I am amazed by the youtube database :p). The video is a bit cheesy but the music’s great. (I think)
Another one, like this one too: O nosso amor
One quick question: How can you be sensitive and yet care-free? They both seem to be on two completely different sides.
Oh, and I need to post some stories related to my experience offshore. ‘ll do that later.
One quick question: How can you be sensitive and yet care-free? They both seem to be on two completely different sides.
Oh, and I need to post some stories related to my experience offshore. ‘ll do that later.
1 comment:
waiting for the complete story :) duuuh kapan ya bisa ke copacabana.. :) pictures dong :)
Post a Comment