Wednesday, June 07, 2006

My own world cup note

I am not a big soccer fan. However, world cup always catches my attention, and I am normally dragged into the excitement.

In 1998, I watched world cup at my parents’ house in Sukaluyu with my sister and cousin while I was waiting for the result of UMPTN to come out. In 2002, I watched world cup in my room in Dago with my friends and boyfriend, after deciding of staying for another semester in university to ‘pay’ for the failures I made the year before in my study.

And now 2006, I am going to watch world cup here in Germany, where the world cup is really taking place…can’t afford the ticket, unfortunately =), and not much spare time to waste in front of TV due to my thesis’ deadline…

But I am happy, and I hope I can enjoy it as much as possible. I hope Germany can go a long way, hopefully to final… =) Not many people will like this idea, I suppose… hehe…
But the people here are so excited about their national team (well, who don’t, anyway), so I’m giving them my full support…

Besides Germany, I’ll support Brazil (cause the way they play looks beautiful to me, and Brazil is my Dad’s favourite team too =P), and Italy (subject to change, though).

In TV, it’s football everyday everytime. The media are worried; there are rumours that Ballack is not fit, minor calf injury. Schweinsteiger, Lehmann, and Podolski were in press conference today, expressing how they feel ready for the games. Last night Kanzlerin Merkel visited the national team, expressed her support, and had dinner together with the team. Tomorrow Klinsmann will be in the press conference, just a day before the games start. And England is holding its breath, wondering whether Rooney will play or not in the world cup, or at least at some latter matches… the decision will be taken at the latest on Friday 14.00.

You see… too much watching news on TV!!
So, tell me, what's your favourite team(s) and what's your world cup story? =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Indri..
England is my fave team, if you ask me to guess which team supposes to be the winner this time in Germany. Just remember about other extraordinary teams like Argentinian and Brazilian, that "things dont have to be extraordinary to be beautiful, the ordinary can be just as beautiful and win the champion title". All in all.. go England go.. God bless the Queen, Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, and Terry..:)

ME said...

So Indra, my dear friend, sesuai pembahasan kita hari ini, aku mendambakan (subjektif, irrasional) Jerman buat ke final. Tapi aku juga menjagokan (objektif, rasional) Brazil. =) Selamat menikmati pemandangan summer di Coburg =)

aryanimia said...

kalo gue dukung tim2 underdog tahun ini for the sake of their fighting spirits, di tengah keterbatasan mereka mampu memberikan yang terbaik =) maju terus tim2 non unggulan!